Icon Restoration Project Continues

In February 2013 we began a multi-year Iconographic Restoration Project to allow our temple to reflect an authentic Orthodox iconographic expression. Since then, we have engaged two professional iconographers. First, Cheryl Pituch, then of Johnstown PA, painted the icons which now adorn our iconostasis. After that, Fr Theodore Jurewicz of Erie PA, began painting the icons which now adorn our lower walls and altar. Now beginning our eleventh year of the project, Fr Theodore, assisted by his son, John, who is also a professional iconographer, are adorning the east part of the ceiling of our temple with icons of Pentecost (above the amvon), the Nativity of Christ (on the northeast ceiling), and the Resurrection of Christ (on the south east ceiling). The icons have been sponsored by the generous donations of the parishioners and friends of the parish.

Share This:

< Previous


Our misson: St. Nicholas Church will strive to glorify God through Orthodox Christian worship, sincere love and care for one another, and service to those in need around us.

We are a parish of the Orthodox Church in America.

St. Nicholas Orthodox Church • 320 Munson Avenue • McKees Rocks, PA 15136
412-331-1053 • info@orthodoxpittsburgh.org